Cosmetic surgery is a sub-category of plastic surgery that aims to enhance a person’s appearance and usually performed by an experienced team surgeons and technicians. It utilizes advanced technologies to come up with minimally invasive cosmetic reconstruction procedures. A few popular and well-known procedures include liposuction, facelift, eyelid surgery, rhinoplasty, breast reduction, breast lift, breast augmentation, tummy tuck, hair transplant, laser hair removal, body lift, laser resurfacing, reconstructive surgeries and hand surgery.
Just like European countries, Cosmetic surgery is continuously gaining popularity in India also. These procedures can be performed in almost any part of the body, but the selection to perform a particular cosmetic surgery may be quite complex and should not be taken lightly. Surgical results of a cosmetic treatment are always permanent. Therefore taking a right decision along with the selection of an appropriate practitioner, and right motivation always remains the positive factors for a treatment success.
Some popular cosmetic surgery types are;
- Abdomen Reduction (Tummy Tuck): It helps to reshape and firm the abdomen. It removes extra skin and fat from the lower and middle portion of abdomen, to tighten the muscle and fascia of the abdominal wall.
- Breast Reduction: It mainly performed to relieve physical discomfort, and augment appearance.
- Male breast reduction: It helps to treat gynecomastia, an enlargement of the mammary tissue in men, performed by liposuction or with different scar patterns, and usually hidden around the nipple and areola.
- Breast Lift or Mastopexy: It involves removal of glandular tissue or skin and then rearranging the remaining tissue to allow the breast lift.
- Body Liposuction: It is performed by using thin cannulas, or hollow metal tubes, to vacuum fat from various parts of the body, such as abdomen, buttocks, hips, thighs, neck, and back of the arms.
- Hair transplantation: It can help to renew hair growth by using tiny hair follicle grafts obtained from the back of the scalp, from the denser region. It is then transplanted with minute incisions to the areas of the scalp that are affected by hair loss.
- Botox™: It is produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum and referred as the brand name of a toxin. It is used to treat wrinkles and facial creases.
- Cheek Lift: An implant is placed at the top of the cheekbones to make the cheekbones more prominent.
- Chin Surgery: It helps to make the chin more prominent and also provide a better balance of facial features, and usually at the time of rhinoplasty, according to the measurements taken before surgery.
- Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty): It helps to reshape the eyelids due to aging.
- Otoplasty: This surgery is performed to treat misshapen or prominent ears by “pinning” the ear closer to the head with sutures and reshaping the cartilage, or both.
- Wrinkle Treatment: Also known as Rhytidectomy, usually done to remove wrinkles and tighten facial skin to achieve a younger appearance.
- Buttock Lift (Belt Lipectomy): It involves removing the excess skin from the buttocks, hips, and thighs in order to make firm and lift them.
Recovery times may vary according to person and selected procedure and can take a minimum of 6 to 12 weeks for most of the cosmetic surgeries.
For more information or having any query related to a suitable Cosmetic Surgery including a low cost liposuction surgery in Jalandhar, consult with our experienced and renowned cosmetic surgeons at Shah Hospital.