Infertility is not always the result of the following abnormalities in the menstrual cycle. An infertility doctor will diagnose symptoms as signs according to mensurable criteria.
- Age: Infertility is considered sooner in those over the age of 35.
- Timing : Unprotected intercourse should be timed during a woman’s fertile window.
- Frequency: Having sex every day or every other day optimizes chances of conceiving.
Common Symptoms of infertility
- Irregular or absent periods.
- Bleeding between periods.
- Painful periods.
- Unusual discharge.
Signs of infertility
- Low or excessive hormone levels(blood and urine tests)
- Presence of reproductive system irregularities(imaging tests)
- Abnormal cervix, uterus, or vagina(gynecology exam)
- More than one miscarriage
Infertility Risk Factors
- Health Risk Factor
- Weight: Extreme weight levels negatively affect fertility.
- Age: There is a gradual decrease in quality and quantity of eggs over time.
- Sexual History: STDs may cause damage to the reproductive system.
Behavioural Risk Factors
- Smoking : Risk of miscarriage and reproductive damage can occur.
- Alcohol: Overconsumption of alcohol encourage infertility problems.
- Stress: Excessive stress can disrupt the menstrual cycle.
- Initial Step: Lifestyle adjustments that include a good diet, exercise, and good habits.
Two Level of Treatment
- Pharmaceutical and Advanced Options
- Hormone treatments.
- Ovulation induction
- IUI or IVF
- Vitamin Supplements
- Phytoestrogenic supplements
- Hormone-regulating supplements.
So, keep above key points in your mind and you will definitely feel more confident in selecting one of the best and renowned infertility clinics like Shah Hospital, a specialty centre for in-vitro fertilization in Ludhiana.